Profile by Sanford - 2 years and 3 months

So I did not actually fall of the face of the earth...but it sort of feels like I did, doesn't it?

I will say that 2 years into this process, I am still a big believer in it. When I reached my goal over a year ago, I kind of "let loose." I ate all the foods I had restricted myself from having during reduce. I didn't gain back right away. It took a couple of months...but my sugar addiction came back with a vengeance.  I eventually gained 20lbs back and when I hit "that number"...I freaked.

What was I doing to myself? Why was I throwing away 12 months of tremendous hard work? Part of my issue was the sugar, but the other part was that I didn't spend this same time and energy to learn and understand the adapt and sustain phases that I had done with reduce. That was huge. When they added a carb and fruit into my daily diet, I would count pizza or sugar treat as my carb...not everyday...but once in a while. I still fundamentally knew I shouldn't be eating those things. But I left life get in the way. Ate what the kids were having. "Treat myself" with a cookie that jump started my sugar addiction... That was a mistake. All big mistakes.
I also started a new job a year ago and let the stress get to me. A glass of wine after a week from hell? Don't mind if I do...

I also went through so many coaches in that short period of time too. Seems, and I understand this, that Profile coaching is not many people's idea of a long standing career. It is more a hop to get to the more meaningful health occupation.

So now here I am, still 18lbs up from my goal, back on 2 shakes and 2 bars a day. Ready to jump start the weight loss again. I need to focus on myself for a little bit in order to get a handle on my goals and aspirations.

I started by hitting the gym at lunch. My morning routine of a 6-7am gym visit abruptly stopped for personal reasons just over a month ago. I can't make mornings work for the time being. So I hit the gym over lunch. Its not as hardcore a work out as I would like as a morning workout usually is...I have 60mins to both workout and shower(and sometimes eat). So really only 40 mins to work out. Put 5 mins to change clothes and I only hit the pavement for 36 mins. At least I got part of an episode of Ozarks watched:)!

Been really researching Paleo and 12 hour fasting to try to kick start myself.

Today I ate:
Shake with Tea
Bar
Salad with walnuts/goat cheese/pears/dressing (probably all the fats for one day)
Beef jerky, Almonds and pistachios
Dinner is TBD but will finish my day with another shake and bar.

How's everyone else's journey going? Any one else fall off the wagon?

...18lbs over goal.




Comments

  1. I have lost 51 lbs and have just started Adapt 1. I lost an average of 1.6 lbs a week, overall. You know how it goes, some weeks there was little to no loss, maybe even a slight gain and then some weeks, 2 - 4 lb losses. Interesting how weight comes off, even though your eating habits are consistent. If a person follows the program, it is foolproof. Not easy in some ways but extremely easy in other ways. Certainly worked for me! I have always been able to lose weight but have never been successful in maintaining it so my real work begins now! I hope you are doing well - this was the newest post I could find of yours. I am looking forward to being on full-blown maintenance and enjoying the summer at this new weight!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Profile by Sanford Day 7...but really day 1 of REBOOT

Profile by Sanford Day 8