Profile by Sanford Day 7...but really day 1 of REBOOT

On Wednesday 1/20, I started the REBOOT program on my own accord. I hadn't pumped in over 24 hours and just decided to jump in. I had Eric's menu to go off of and wanted to try his Profile Products anyway before I went into the store this afternoon for my weekly meeting and stock up session.
I will admit I felt a little bit hungrier. Eric's hunger scale on his chart showed a high hunger rating on his first day too but it seemed to taper off after the second day. So I am hopeful. I had a shake for meal 1, a Profile Soup(Chicken...better made with broth, fyi) for meal 2, a soup(tomato...I didn't mix it well enough) and roasted broccoli and a spinach with beet salad for meal 3(lunch), one of my last 10g protein bars(supposed to have been a 15g bar but hadn't made it to the store yet to stock up) and spoon full of powdered peanut butter(Profile freebie).....note to self...add some of this powder to shakes for a better taste on those that need a little help.

I went in to my appointment with tons of questions and only remembered to ask one. FYI dark meat chicken is still considered VERY LEAN. My counselor was different this time because I moved up my appointment. We talked about the issues I faced over the last week. I said it all went well...I admitted to cheating with a glass of wine Sunday night..but I still managed to lose 5.61lbs while on the "not-so restrictive" MOM protocol and cheat with a glass of wine. We talked about what alcohol will do to your system during the first REBOOT phase. I guess once your body is in Ketosis(sp?), alcohol will throw your system out of Ketosis and it harder to get back into it...kind of like starting the REBOOT process over again. She didn't recommend it. And I can agree the first day or 2 is no as fun. We also chatted about some of the key education available to me about dealing with change and we talked about my water consumption...doing well at 60-80oz a day, plus the water added to my shakes/soups.

I schedule my next session with her for next week and picked out enough product to get me through until next Friday. I did spend over $100, but I will have left over product after the 9 day time frame. Eric went today and got exactly 7 days worth and bought a couple of items that were on clearance and only spent $60...so I am going to go with an "average" of $80 per week person.

After my appointment, I picked up Eric and we went to Whole Foods to pick out some vegetables. He said "fastest and cheapest trip to Whole Foods ever done!" Then we went  to pick up the girls from school and came home and started dinner right away. Eric made fillets, green beans, and this killer cauliflower mash...the secret he said...first ROAST the $#!+ out of it before mashing...add garlic and other seasonings. It was really good and I don't even LIKE cauliflower.

During dinner I realized I had forgotten I had book club tonight...so I headed out around 6:30pm hoping to miss the pre-book club wine and food feast that we usually have. Unfortunately, I was right on time. I drank my water and explained that I had eaten before I came...I told some of the ladies the about the plan we were doing. I luckily wasn't craving anything that was served, though, I am sure it was tasty., it wasn't my type of trigger food. So that was easier than I thought. I had a harder time with the wine...I mean I FINALLY am done nursing/pumping....I can FINAL have drink with out worrying about the timing and when I would need to nurse/pump again...and I still can't have it. Dessert was also one of my favorite chocolates...(those brookside dark chocolate over dried fruit). I will admit I lusted over those for a minute...but I reminded myself of the "hot cocoa" waiting for my for 5th meal at home....and that helped a bit.

Came home to a quiet, sleeping household. Made my lunch for the next day, which was just 2 vegetables, a fat, and lots of Profile Packets, and one bar. Took me longer to pack the baby's lunch bag then my own. I could get used to this!

Made my final shake/hot cocoa of the day and headed up to bed.
I will admit that I felt hungry going to bed that night...not stomach growling hungry...but hungry enough to notice.
I take a big swig of water and tell myself it'll be worth it when we are laying on a white sand beach in my bathing suit waiting for our taxi driver to arrive to take us to the Zip Lining "park".

More to come...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Profile by Sanford Day 8

Profile by Sanford - 2 years and 3 months