Profile By Sanford Day 0


After a "fulfilling" breakfast at First Watch, Eric and I had our first sessions with our counselors at Profile. They split us up because I am still pumping breast-milk for EmJ and need to follow a higher calorie diet...at least for the next couple of weeks. I will be tapering down even more between now and her birthday.

So our first meeting. We get separated, as I mentioned and Eric gets what he calls the "Poor-Man's Bradley Cooper" (I said...Poor-Man's???I would say rich man's...but whatever) and I have a nice very skinny, but very nice girl named Amanda.

Amanda and I chat a lot about what Profile requires and what my restrictions will be now vs. in two weeks when I have to join the ranks of the non-nursing moms. Let me tell you what...the pain and inconvenience of pumping will more than make up having to cut my calories in HALF!!! Right now she has me on a 2200 calorie plan...while once I am done pumping it will be more like 1000.
The plan is pretty easy to follow if you are willing to sit down with your spouse for 15-20 mins to plan out meals for the week. Though with the regular plan you really only have to plan out one meal a day of a protein and a couple of veggies. My mommy diet required a lot more planning with 2 meals a day and additions to the regular snacks. Eric's was more straight forward with Profile Product for everything except the one (dinner) meal a day.

The Profile Product...let me tell you...it ain't cheap. One combo pack box (7 servings) of meal replacement shakes/soup was $17.49. One box of snack bars for $14.99(or something like that). Eric needed enough product for 2 meals, 3 snacks, and 1 fiber replacement drink per day. I (on my MOM plan) needed only 1 meal replacement, and 2 snacks per day. With their membership "deal" of $99/$95 and a 20% discount on product (because I forked over my company's wellness coach's email address for them to hit up for company partnerships)...we spent $331.23 the first day....granted over $200 of that was the one time membership...but still a bit of a sticker shock.

With your membership you get online, mobile app access, weekly 30 min sessions with your counselor and the wifi scale included.

So we hauled our product home...made jokes to each other about how hot we were going to be when we change our life style....and sat down in our living room to "work from home." Me actually working and Eric meal planning as my personal chef.

We decided, since the initial cost was so high, to try to eat up everything we already had in the house that fits with the plan...so we don't have to do a huge grocery run. We have chicken, turkey, burgers, 5 lbs of shrimp, asparagus, Brussel sprouts, green beans, spinach that can get us through until Sunday(next 4 days) at least. Ahhh but there is already a snag...Celeste is coming to visit for the long weekend. We can serve her rabbit food. I quickly text her to tell her we are starting a new "diet" but that we will have all the major food groups accounted for...mostly because I can still have small portions of starches on my MOM diet...so we will just make more of that to cover a "normal" person...and since she and I are getting pedicures on Sat mid morning...she and I will go to lunch where I can get a healthy lunch and Eric can stay home and eat his Profile product. Snag...quickly diverted.

Day last meal...I suggest we give Pie Five another chance and neither of us liked it that much...so we will not feel like we are missing out. I had a dish of ice cream before bed....ooohhh so I discovered peanut butter powder about a year ago...and LOVE IT!! And it is a "Freebie" on Profile...maybe I can do this.

After putting the girls to bed, I pump and then make my breakfast/snack/lunch for the next day.
More tomorrow!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Profile by Sanford Day 7...but really day 1 of REBOOT

Profile by Sanford Day 8

Profile by Sanford - 2 years and 3 months