Profile By Sanford Day 3-5 (long holiday weekend)

Days 3-5 happened over a long MLK weekend with a house guest.

It was definitely a challenge to work through meals with 5 different requirements.
First we have an 11.5 mo baby that requires some soft finger foods; a 5.5yo that requires something OTHER than the easy to microwave chicken nuggets and rotation of 2 vegetables; a 30 something visitor that, though health conscience, is not restricted to what Eric and I can eat; a 30 something on the MOM Profile(that's me!); and a 30 something on the REBOOT profile. Though this made for very challenging meal prep...I think we were able to make it work.

First off the way we made it work was that 1.) Eric was sick a day and 1/2 so he left his meals to what every he could/wanted to consume...he followed his REBOOT plan, but did end up skipping a few meals because he wasn't hungry/feeling up to it. 2.)Because I am still allotted small amounts of carbs, we were able to just make a larger batch of what I was eating or add an extra side of pasta to what I was eating to satisfy our weekend guest. 3.)We still had un-approved foods left in the Kitchen for guest to "help us get rid of."

But I did decide after the chaos of this weekends meal planning, that I need to switch to REBOOT this week. Though Eric has the time and energy right now to do variations of the same menu for he and I...it does take a great deal of time that could be reduced if we ate the same things. I found that while Eric was sick in bed and I had to make just a couple of meals for 4 people, I would end up eating 2-3 hours late because I was leaving mine until last.

Evening of Day 2 - Eric made a seafood soup with green beans and beets on the side. Added pasta to the soup to make like a "Pho" for said guest. I had a bar (peanut/pretzel...pretty good) and 3 cups of popcorn for my snack.

I also did not plan well for being away from the house.

On Saturday(Day 3), especially, we all had breakfast together...
(I had a mint chocolate shake mixed plain chai tea and 1 cup of Kashi Cereal)...Said guest and I went to have Pedicures and do a little shopping. It did not occur to me to pack a snack or have a time frame to come back/find a place to have lunch. By 1pm we were both starving and guest wanted either Thai food or BBQ. For me, Thai food was out due to the fact that my Thai dish that I will eat is mostly white rice. I said I could do BBQ because pork is allowed and I can get the meat over a salad. Well the BBQ place was packed so we left to go to the other one nearer to our house...also so busy that I couldn't get through on the carry out line (busy for over an hour). Finally was able to get carry out by 3:30pm. So we went home and I consumed both morning and afternoon snacks together and whatever I could have from my lunch options that would not be in my salad coming from the BBQ place.
For dinner, Eric made us the most YUMMY steaks with 2 veggies and a small side of sweet potatoes for me and some delicious looking Ravioli for our guest.
I had a late snack of a Profile Bar(Lemon one...pretty darn good actualy), 15 wheat thins and a wedge of Laughing Cow Cheese

On Sunday(Day 4) was the day that Eric was the most sick..So I made a pancake breakfast with eggs for guest and 5.5yo. Baby had baby cereal, yogurt, banana and pieces of a pancake. I had a shake(strawberry, I think...FYI the fruit shakes really needed to be blended with some ice...more palpable with a smoothie like quality) and 2 small pancakes.

For lunch we...hmm I seamed to have blanked on Lunch...I know we ate at home...because it was soooo cold we never left the house and our house guest decided to stay an extra day so as not to have to drive home with it being such dangerously cold temperatures.
Damn...I am sure I made lunch since Eric was sick...

Oh well...
Okay I remember I made our guest a dish that Eric talked me through with Shrimp, Veggies, Pasta, and seasonings/sauce. So I must have had a turkey tortilla roll up, with spinach and maybe leftover beets?? I can't remember what I made the kids...but I remember after all this food prep, while trying to entertain both kids and do laundry...I was exhausted.

For dinner Eric made our guest and I paella with brown rice, peas, chicken, shrimp. Guest was allowed to have as much rice as she wanted and I had 1/3 of a cup with my allotted ounces of chicken. I also had raw carrots on the side....I also had my first cheating incident and had a glass of wine with dinner. Having a sick husband and 2 kids cooped up in the house all day with bitter cold temperatures outside...I felt like I deserved it...I was going insane.

On Monday (Day 5), was my first attempt to start making the switch from my MOM meals to the REBOOT. I started by having just a Shake in the morning...(mixed berry...okay when blended with ice) and nothing else for breakfast. Eric made guest and kids pancakes and eggs again. We all said goodbye to our house guest and while the baby took a nap we got 5.5yo working on an craft project and Eric and I started meal planning for a family trip to the grocery store. We scrapped what we had originally planned for the rest of this week. We got our grocery list together...we had our morning snacks and then headed up to get dressed and ready for our venture out to Super Target...by the time we were ready to go it was 11:45...so I said, we need to feed the Bebe and Big Kid before we go...so we might as well all have lunch.
I made a Turkey Sandwich with avocado, laughing cow cheese, and spinach. I had a pear and another vegetable(can't remember what it was). So already I am back to the MOM meals because I had bread and fruit...man I am going to miss these! Eric had a Profile shake or maybe a soup. He said that the chicken soup is pretty good and is better if you make it with Chicken Stock(which is allowed).

Off to Target we go!

We stocked up on everything we could think of and only spent around $100 on food for us. We spent more than that cuz we did a big baby food stock up...but only around $100 of it was for Eric and I.

So to answer you questions...are we hungry...I will say on Saturday when I missed morning snack and had lunch 3 hours late...yes I was STARVING...but I think if I had done that off the plan I would have been STARVING anyway...otherwise there is a "hmmm, I could eat feeling...oh wait, it's time for my next snack, I will eat!" feeling. It's actually been more difficult for me to get all the food in...especially when it calls for a "FAT"...there isn't any FAT that I want to eat at breakfast so I usually "save" it for lunch and have mayo on my sandwich(which is allowed). But we bought some "good fats" at the store yesterday like almonds and pistachio...so I should get better at that.

So I did weigh myself last night...oh who am I kidding that scale technology is so cool, I weigh myself sometimes twice a day...but I wasn't going to take the measurements to heart with every weigh-in...knowing full well that fluctuations will occur if I weigh that often. I will probably try to limit myself to once or twice a week once we get going. But after 5 days I have lost 5.39lbs. (making note that I was FULLY clothed on my initial weigh in and NOT fully clothed in my last weigh in)....but I am going to take that as a motivator to get over the initial hump of conforming to this new "weigh" of life!! (I am going to trademark that slogan!)

Today(Day 6), I had a mint chocolate shake mixed with my plain chai tea and hot water...I still think the chocolate shakes used with hot water taste like hot chocolate...I highly recommend that!
I also had my fav Kashi Go-Lean berry Crisp with almond milk. It is 10:14am now and I am getting hungry. Time for a snack!!

More to come...





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Profile by Sanford Day 7...but really day 1 of REBOOT

Profile by Sanford Day 8

Profile by Sanford - 2 years and 3 months