Profile by Sanford ..Month 15 (preparing for Maintenance)


Well holy cow...I have certainly fallen off the face of the earth haven't I?


This new job is much more demanding than my last one. So blogging in the AM before starting my work day has not been possible. Even this entry has taken my hours to finish due to interruptions:)

I continue to walk with my neighbor ladies at least 4 times a week. I have been to Yoga a few times since I started in late January. I did buy myself the "Simply Fit Board" for indoor workouts. The DVD has 6 different 10 min work outs...I have only ever gotten through 2 or 3 in one sitting...but I hope to work my way up to all 6 for a really good routine. Again, work demands have been brutal to my exercise routines. Not to mention the food issues. MULTIPLE lunch meetings with ONLY pizza offered. Not even a salad. Luckily with the 3 step of Adapt that I am on allows for multiple starch servings. So I try to adapt. But may my sugar cravings have NOT subsided. I am still reaching for the donuts and cookies. I am trying VERY hard to limit the consumption of those to once or twice a week...but I will power has be shot to hell lately.  Right after I hit my 100lb goal, I shot back up 5 lbs. and stayed off the scale for as long as I could. Luckily as time has past and I am trying to keep my sugar down and exercise up I have lost it again. Though I will not take full credit. I did start a different medication the other day and I think it made me lose some water weight. So I am not going to hold my breath for my current weight to stay the same. I think staying active and really trying to control myself around the ice cream, cookies, bread and chips will help my current maintenance goal. 

Moving to Adapt stage 3 removes one bar and adds another starch and fruit. So now the only "product" I have is one Meal Replacement (still always a shake for my morning "latte" or evening "hot chocolate") and 1 bar that I try to save for my before bed snack/treat.

My food days usually look like this:

MR Shake with tea after workout/drive into work
A second caffeinated beverage of either tea or the Profile Pomegranate Green Tea(I have become addicted to this...I need to find a cheaper alternative soon) 
Mid morning I have "2nd Breakfast" - usually overnight steel cut oats with almond milk and some fruit, cinnamon, and stevia.
Lunch - Try really hard to force a vegetable/salad into this meal...this is the hardest to do if I didn't prepare one to bring.  So sometimes I have a sandwich(trying to stick to one slice of whole grain bread and several ounces of Protein and at least one, usually 2 fats), soup, or leftovers from the night before if I packed a lunch.
mid afternoon - a snack of fruit or celery and PB Powder PB...I sometimes break down and have my bar if I know dinner is far off. But like I mentioned...I really like my bar at night.
Dinner consists of whatever I have left on my meal plan...so protein, a fat or 2, a starch, and between 2-4 cups of veggies. Yes one night I had a huge plate of asparagus and brussel sprouts with my "side" of meat. Then I end my day with a bar or a MR if I didn't have it in the morning.

There are still days that I don't get all my veggies in...or I count the one slice of tomato and lettuce on my sandwich as a veggie...or the only veggies I get is one big salad.

I plan to write for my next entry a list of body changes I would never have guessed I would have after losing the weight...so stay tuned for that super fun/TMI entry!

Weight loss total: - 100.4

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Profile by Sanford Day 7...but really day 1 of REBOOT

Profile by Sanford Day 8

Profile by Sanford - 2 years and 3 months