Sanford by Profile Day 19

I made a deal with my counselor not to weigh in everyday as it toys with one's emotions. I successfully did NOT weigh myself this morning!

Meals 1&2: Breakfast was the doubled up Strawberry with PB powder and spinach shake.
Meal 3: Lunch was Broccoli/Laughing cow cheese soup and spinach/carrot/cucumbers salad.
Meal 4: I tried the Chocolate Almond Bar...again pleasantly surprised..and my fiber drink with sparkling water.
Meal 5: For dinner Eric made Romaine lettuce wrapped turkey burgers with 1 laughing cow cheese, ketchup, saute'd onions, a dab of  miracle whip light, and a broccoli and carrot slaw made with a sauce of yogurt dressing, poppy seed dressing, lemon juice, and I think FF sour cream. It was pretty yummy.
Meal 6: I made a frozen chocolate shake and topped it with some FF whipped topping.

Eric had to make a stop at the Profile store for me yesterday because I miscalculated the number of shakes I needed this week...so I sent him in to pick me up another couple of boxes. When he went in he was chatting with one of the counselors that I believe he and I both have seen...and she asked him how he was doing. He told her what he had lost...and she replied with some sort of comment about 'Get ready for the HARD part!' He was thrown off guard...cuz how was the last 2 weeks NOT already the hard part? Her statement back was something about the first couple of weeks was the "water weight" which was easier to lose. When he told me that I wanted to freak out. I knew there was water weight that everyone has when they start a new meal plan for weight loss...but I assumed that was just the first 5 or maybe 10 lbs...not 20+! Never thought this would be easy...but comments like that are deflating. Its a mind set I need to remind myself.

Eat to Live...not Live to Eat.

This has been true any other time I have tried to lose weight.
1. The first time was HS Prom...I ate nothing for breakfast, carrots for lunch, and Chicken with Brown rice for dinner. Every few of days I ate a Dairy Queen Breeze(low fat frozen yogurt) with strawberries and vanilla cookies.(I know I know...not the healthiest but hey it worked)
2. The second time I lost a great deal of weight was when I went through a HORRIBLE TMJ jaw issue in my late 20s and was restricted to liquid diet. Then was a time that eating gave me so much pain that I only consumed calories in order to live...(Eat to Live).
3. I also did Weight Watchers between kids. It worked...but it was slow. One maybe two lbs a week on a good week. Otherwise it was very frustrating. I was allowed an extra 45 or so points that you could draw from during the week...any time I ever even touched those points I would not lose. They also made a big deal about weight loss being two weeks behind behavior. Meaning if you ate really well one week, to wait another week before seeing that on the scale...and vice versa...if you had a bad week you wouldn't see the "gain" on the scale for another week. I ended up losing about 30-35lbs on weight watchers over the course of about a year. Which was good...and probably healthy and maintainable in the long run.
But I hope that this plan, though more severe, will keep me motivated longer to hit that goal and keep a fresh view on a complete lifestyle change. That this isn't a diet...this will in the 3rd stage be a lifestyle choice
for-ev-er.

This also means finding something else in my life to "look forward to"...I always looked forward to certain meals and restaurants.It was a source of pleasure. I will also agree that sugar is as addictive as cocaine. The thought of a sugar cookie from Blue Chip cookies would hang in my mind for days or even weeks...until I allowed myself to have one. But I would need 2. And then if I am over in this part of town, I might as well buy a dozen and put some in the freezer at home. Except they wouldn't always make it to the freezer. I would have one a day until they were gone. I can't continue to live like that. Treats like that need to be much further apart. Eventually, once a week -  one treat...not one a day. And then I will need a plan to work it off. If someday I am allowed a DQ Blizzard again...then I will have to schedule a pretty extensive work out to even out the playing field. Calories in = Calories out.

So what else can I look forward to...what do I want to do or have that will be my reward?
1. Indoor Sky Diving Experience
2. New (smaller) clothes
3. Playing soccer again (with my Kids or Other Adults)
4. Trip to Tahiti
5. Zip Lining
6. Swimming
7. Knee high boots
8. Running in a Color Run
9. Healthy Kids who didn't follow in my overweight footsteps

Long winded today, eh?
More to come...





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Profile by Sanford Day 7...but really day 1 of REBOOT

Profile by Sanford - 2 years and 3 months

Profile by Sanford Day 8