Profile By Sanford Days 15-18 (another long weekend for me)

So last Thursday, (Day 15 on plan...day 8 on REBOOT), I was complaining of hunger. After meeting with my coach she did say that was normal. The first week there is often times of hunger when trying to get used to the depletion in calories. We talked about what times of day I am feeling the most hungry and she suggested the following things to get me over that first week hump.
1. Combining my 2 morning shakes into one big shake. This was helpful on the long weekend when I slept in until 8 or 8:30 and didn't eat until after 9am.
But I have to say that today (Monday) I did it and drank it by 7:30am and it is now 9:45 and I am starting to feel hungry again. So maybe not the best choice when you get up at 6am.
2. She also suggested adding another fiber drink mix to my morning(didn't know that was an option...but will definitely try that) or
3. drinking a powerade zero for the electrolytes. I am not a fan of powerade...but I may try it to see.
4. We also talked about splitting lunch up and having either the veggies earlier or later than the meal replacement. Might have to try that today, since I didn't pack a Powerade or an extra fiber drink.
5. The other option she suggested was to snack on veggies...I groaned at this since it was inconceivable to me to think I could possibly eat MORE vegetables.

She also inquired about what free foods I am consuming...mostly PB powder, salad dressings, and balsamic vinegar.
6.She reminded me that sugar free jello and Fat free whipped topping might be an option for a snack and it's got protein in it. I did have one on Saturday and it was the most marvelous thing I have ever eaten. I MUST be hard up for sugar if I am enjoying that!!

Had a challenge on Friday as it was baby's birthday. Told my coach on Thursday that my goal for the week was to not eat cake. I can't say that I succeeded...but I didn't have a whole piece...but I did have a bite. I feel like if I hadn't had a bite, I would pine over it like the forbidden fruit. Instead, I had a bite, it tasted good. I feel a little guilty, but not enough to let it bother me too much....plus I don't want the one thing I remember about by baby's first birthday was that I was on a "diet" that didn't allow me to share a bite of cake with her! I know I am stretching to make myself feel better. I will stop.

I also started walking this weekend since it was so nice out. Baby and I picked up the 5yo from school and walked home on Friday. And on Saturday we walked to the park, played and walked back. I also spent over an hour cleaning the kitchen on Sunday...I know not real workouts, but it was better than sitting on my arse in front of the TV the ENTIRE weekend.

All meals, except dinner have been the same for me.
Rotating between my Broccoli Cheese Soup concoction and Tomato Soup concoction with sides of salads or left over veggies.
I have had two more bars varieties that I like. Cinnamon(that I didn't think I would like, but really did) and Caramel Cocoa (my new favorite).

For dinner Eric has made:
Friday: Pork Roast, Mashed Cauliflower, Baby Broccoli, and a first attempt at a Profile Spinach and Artichoke dip concoction.
Saturday: Marinated Chicken and green beans. (there had to be another veggie...but I can't remember what it was)
Sunday: Scallops and Steak with snap peas and brussel sprouts. (5yo tried scallops, and both vegetables and liked all of it...this is a HUGE moral victory for a kid that has been stuck in a green bean/broccoli rotation for ever!!)

So I am thinking the whole Day and Pound Count with REBOOT vs. MOM protocol is getting confusing.
Let's just say I lost 5 lbs on MOM and be done with it. My phone app(which sucks the big one...I hate this app and only use it to remember what my weighins were) says I am on Day 13 of Reboot...so let's just go from there.

15.75lbs lost total
10.75lbs after 12 days of reboot

In comparison...Eric is on Day 19 of REBOOT and has lost more than 20lbs. He hasn't told me exactly but I know what his goal loss is and that he has surpassed a certain percentage of his goal already.
His total weight loss goal is less than mine.So I have to keep in mind, that not only am I losing slower than he is...I have further to go to reach my first goal...and if I reach my first goal, I may want to do more. So I am trying to prepare myself for having to be in REBOOT mode for a long time...maybe twice as long as Eric. Maybe, more.

Well that is dis-heartening...I think I will go eat some vegetables to make myself feel better ;)!

More to come...


  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Profile by Sanford Day 7...but really day 1 of REBOOT

Profile by Sanford - 2 years and 3 months

Profile by Sanford Day 8