Profile by Sanford Day 28 - 4 weeks in

Today I started with 16oz of water before any food.

Meal 1: Profile Cereal with almond milk
Meal 2 Profile Shake with Tea
Meal 3: Profile Chicken Noodle Soup, Brussel Sprouts, Zucchini
Meal 4:Fiber drink and Bar
Meal 5: Houlihan's Butternut Squash and Sausage Lasagna - http://www.houlihans.com/inspiralized
Meal 6: Profile Hazelnut Shake/Hot

Holy Crap...Eric's dinner plans were unsuccessful so we decided to try to go out to eat. I suggested Houlihan's as it has advertised faux pastas that were made out of spiral squash and/or zucchini.
I choose the Butternut Squash and Sausage Lasagna. Just now when I went out to find the link to show this blog that there are choices out there...I was FLOORED by the amount of FAT in the dish I had ordered. I thought I was making a good choice. I thought I was staying away from carbs...sure it had some cheese in it...but you should have seen the portion size it was smaller than my hand for the whole thing. Yes, I figured with the cheese I would probably be going over my fat limit for the day...but I had not used a fat at lunch so I thought I would be close enough. HOLY CRAP if the nutritional value on the website told me the whole dish had 51GRAMS...I didn't eat the olives in the zucchini salad that came on the side...so if I (generously) take 5gms off that is still 46gms of FAT!! That is 4-5 days worth of fat on this plan. So I am mortified....utterly mortified.

My plan is to not weigh myself...and to work out as much as possible and to hold out on my fats for the next few days to see if I can't rectify the situation. I know I know...I should have checked the nutritional facts BEFORE going to the restaurant. I won't make that mistake again.

So I looked up the other nutritional facts: Eric's dish which looked the healthiest of the two was actually 2 full servings...so his has just as much fat and calories than mine did.

The only other thing on the menu that I though fell under Profile worthy(other than just regular salads) are the Lettuce Wrap appetizers. I ordered them last time we went out to eat and had them hold the crispy wontons and the ginger thai peanut sauce...so hopefully still in the "safe" zone as with those things still on them is 17gms of fat in the nutritional info. The fact that LETTUCE WRAPS don't fit into the dinner plan for REBOOT just boggles my mind.

Eric opted out of his 6th meal/shake...while I was hungry enough by bed time to still have it. That's probably the difference between the two of us. Like today he has an appointment from 9-11am. I told him he should double up on his shakes this morning as he will miss Meal#2...and he said he will be fine. He will grab a bar. I would have doubled up on the shake AND brought a bar since I usually eat lunch around 11:30.

Challenges:
1. Going out to eat
2. Working my butt off(literally) the next 5 days to recover from my dinner out faux pas.
3. Fiber...3 out of the 4 of us in this how haven't pooped in days. We bought a canister of benefiber to add to our drinks or shakes. But use it cautiously. Last weekend it "kicked in" at a time that I was unprepared for. You have been forewarned...don't be surprised at being blocked up and don't be surprised when you do something about that blockage that it works within the next 6-36 hours. Don't do what we did and start with what the package recommends for a serving. Start small and work your way up until you go. Then you know what your personalized serving size should be...and not what the package recommends.


Challenges ahead:
Today I have to take the little one to the doctor for a well visit. I promised the older one that she could break out of daycare(out of school this week) over lunch to go with us. I have to get her something for lunch since she was not keen on what they were serving at the daycare. So I will have to order something for her and smell it in the car.

Food reviews:
I think the only new thing I tried was the new Vanilla Caramel bars. Pretty good. Similar to the sugar cookie bars the way they look. Just have a slight caramel taste. I still think I prefer the Caramel Cocoa and Chocolate Almond bars the best.

Also, I think that I am going to go back to the original shakes and bars only for a few weeks. The desserts have way more fat and less bulk then the shakes and I don't find them as versatile. The cereal portion is so small and requires a freebie of almond milk....so not worth a whole meal. And the pizzas...I got one more for Valentine's Day...are really not worth it either...but I will get them from time to time for a treat.
I might actually return the cake...as it was completely awful. I hate to return opened boxes...but they are always doing a sample give away at the front desk. So the rest of the box can be done for that.
The main manager at the store told me he prefers to give out samples then accept returns of boxes...and I knew that buying this box. But I was very optimistic based on the picture...and the store was closing for the night when I was buying product; so I felt rushed. Plus their R&D department needs to know that there is something very wrong with this product and they need to fix it. So if the product is being returned a lot...then that will be their indication. Who am I to withhold DATA to a corporation!?! I mean come on!! Its what I DO!!

That's all I have for today...
More to come.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Profile by Sanford Day 7...but really day 1 of REBOOT

Profile by Sanford - 2 years and 3 months

Profile by Sanford Day 8