Profile By Sanford Day 22


Yesterday I had
Meal 1: A chocolate shake with my hot tea
Meal 2: A frozen strawberry shake
Meal 3: 3 mini cucumbers with a triangle of Light LC Cheese
Meal 4: Profile tomato soup - plain and a Spinach salad with a drizzle of LF Yogurt dressing
Meal 5: Fiber drink and a Sugar Cookie bar
Meal 6: Chicken, Asparagus, Zucchini Hash Browns(made with 1 egg for 4 servings)...so I reduced my chicken ounces to compensate.
Meal 7: Profile cheesecake

So I had my counselor session last night. I shared with her how upset I was about the upward spike. We talked about all of the possible issues.

1. Are Eric and I communicating about the number of fat grams and "freebies" he is cooking with? - he and I talked and we promised to have better communication about what he is making for dinners.
2. Am I measuring my Fats and Freebies correctly? My goal for this week is to measure measure measure...and though she did confirm that 5gm is what is considered a fat serving, she suggested cutting back to 3.5-4grams to see if that is the issue.
3. Am I "regular"? and you know what I mean...so I won't go into the details...But she suggested Sugar Free Metamucil for those days that I am not.
4. Where am I in my cycle? Many woman have distinctive weight spikes every month. Since I just finished Nursing my cycle is still not distinctive. If I start my cycle in the next few days...that might have been the issue.

I also was able to start eating the Week 3 foods...which opens up a greater variety. I bought the cheesecake for my post dinner meal replacement and tried it last night...not too bad. Eric suggested I add lime juice to it for a key lime effect...totally doing that tonight.

I also bought the breakfast cereal that I had for my 2nd meal replacement this morning. Small portion, not a lot of flavor...but just the idea of having a carb...blew my mind so I had to get it! I also got free samples of the hot cocoa(similar to the chocolate shake but thinner, I am told), chicken noodle soup (thinner than the 1st chicken soup and requires very hot water to re-hydrate the noodles. I am told), and the sloppy joe mix(same soy meat substitute as the vegetarian chili just without the beans). I also bought a meal replacement PIZZA (the chipotle sausage) to eat during the Super Bowl this Sunday. I will let you know how these all taste.

I had yet another "challenge" this morning...some (very well meaning) coworkers were trying to get a couple of us that tend to call into a certain meeting to come in person and tried bribing us with Donuts and Scooters drinks. I made the comment yesterday that I will come, but please don't bring these things for me. So out of 7 people, 6 of us showed up in person, and TWO of them brought a DOZEN donuts...each. Luckily the guy who also was bringing Scooters had chatted with me earlier in the morning, and I pleaded with him to please NOT bring me a Soy Chai Latte. He heard me and didn't...but the donuts were there and everyone was making comments that everyone had to eat at least 3 donuts before the meeting was over. I was very uncomfortable...and just kept sipping my water. Finally about 15 minutes into the 90 minute meeting someone asked a question that I couldn't answer because the information they wanted was on my computer at my desk. I said..."If you guys would let me call in from my desk, I could answer that." They all waved me out and said ...Go Go...so the donuts and scooters drinks was able to be removed from my view/smell.

I did need to eat my 2nd meal replacement...so I tried the cereal for my 2nd one and like I said above lacking flavor and didn't seem to "fill" me up as much as the shakes have. But satiated me long enough to make it to lunch...which I am about to make now.

My goal for the week...measure measure measure the fats/freebies and start looking for time to carve out for a real workout.

This 2nd goal seems trivial...but I don't want to take time away from the only 2.5-3 hours a day I see my kids and I don't want to shorten my sleep time. So during the work day I need to carve out time to walk. It's cold out today...and walking indoors makes me sweat...all crappy excuses...so I need to find something that I cannot find an excuse for. I have thought about doing yoga after the kids are in bed...since it is calming and doesn't get me all worked up so I can't sleep, but then I really need to focus on getting lunches made before getting the kids to bed(instead of relaxing in the living room with the kids, toys, and TV). I should do this while we are in the kitchen making/eating/cleaning up dinner.
Saturday's and Sunday's I need to work out while 1yo naps. I also can work out for an hour on the one day a week I work from home.

So I will close this blog session and put all of those on my calendar right now.
More to come...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Profile by Sanford Day 7...but really day 1 of REBOOT

Profile by Sanford - 2 years and 3 months

Profile by Sanford Day 8