Profile by Sanford Day 37-39

Friday:
Remember my challenges I listed last week...invited to my favorite pizza place for lunch. PURE torture.
Meal 1: Hot tea and Shake
Meal 2: Profile Chicken Noodle Soup
Meal 3: Profile Fiber Drink/Sparkling Water and a mixed greens salad with cucumbers. Balsamic Dressing on the side and Walnuts(four little pieces)
Meal 4: Chocolate Shake
Meal 5: Bar
Meal 6:Turkey Burgers with romaine wrap, 1 LFLC cheese, ketchup, brussel sprouts
Meal 7:chocolate shake

Had the Profile soup before lunch to try to take away that salty cravings for pizza/cheese. And drank my fiber shake on the way there to try to fill my grumbling stomach up...Ate lunch about 90 mins later than I normally do. Salad did NOT fill me up so I had my next meal replacement as soon as I got back to my desk. Will have my bar as a "treat" on the way home.
Also for $10 including Tax and Tip ended up with a salad with no protein on it...held the cheese...subbed cucumber for the apples and got the dressing on the side. Didn't eat all the walnuts...but I did bring them home for several fat servings for this weekend....what a waste...never going to lunch there again.


Saturday:
Meal 1 and 2: Double hot shake with tea
Meal 3: Strawberry smoothie, spinach and PB powder, Salad, dressing mixture that was  half of a fat and half of a freebie, a couple of pieces of yesterday's walnuts. 
Meal 4: Bar
Meal 5: Meat Loaf, asparagus ,broccoli, honey mustard yogurt dressing
Meal 6: Profile cheese cake with PB powder


Sunday: 
Meal 1 and 2: double strawberry smoothie with PB powder
Meal 3: Profile noodle soup with profile rice added, cucumber, carrot, broccoli, spinach salad, 1/2Honey Mustard and Asian Profile salad dressing, a couple of pieces of Friday's walnuts. 
Meal 4: Bar
Meal 5: Steak, mashed eggplant, brussels, kalettes, balsamic 
Meal 6: Frozen Chocolate Shake with 1 cup of almond milk


Food reviews:
Eric made veggie meatloaf on Saturday and it was amazing! Even the kids liked it. He made them in muffin tins and the size equated to two muffins each for dinner protein. He used the profile recipe but didn't use green peppers as we both hate them. I think he added other vegetables too like butternut squash.

On Sunday, with our steaks he was trying to find a mashed potato alternative and thought the mashed cauliflower was too labor intense. So he roasted and then pureed eggplant. I am not normally an eggplant fan...but this wasn't too bad.

I also found there odd little vegetables called Kalettes. They seem to be a hybrid of Kale and brussel sprouts. When roasted, the leaves get crunchy and the center stays the consistency of a brussel sprout. We liked them and will include them in the rotation.

After drinking chocolate shakes for a couple of months...the thought of Almond Milk in my last snack last night seemed luxurious. And boy was it...much creamier and decadent.

Challenges:
Saturday I took the 5yo to a Girl Scout event that had a tables of many different countries and nationalities. All of which served food. I had to pass by table after table of cookies and pastries and egg rolls and perogies and sausages and quiches and drinks of lime, cinnamon milk, sweet tea, and candies...and did I mention cookies!

I came home and devoured my salad and smoothie.

Weight Loss to Date: 19.5
The elusive 20 mark is holding out on me!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Profile by Sanford Day 7...but really day 1 of REBOOT

Profile by Sanford - 2 years and 3 months

Profile by Sanford Day 8