Profile by Sanford Days 169 - 181

Wow...that took a long time to figure out what day I am on.
I have been MIA for weeks now.  Buying and Selling of a new home and a 9 day trip to the Black Hills have kept me away....but I have still been able to stay on track with my weight loss through it all. I really thought that the trip was going to throw me off track. But the only change I made was on a few occasions I did have a Protein/Veggie meal twice a day for lunch and dinner...instead of the normal veggie/meal replacement I would normally have for lunch.

Challenges:
The ability to bring shakes and veggies with me at lunch during trip...the ability to maintain my water consumption...the ability to say no to some of my favorite foods while on our extended trip.

Ease of use while traveling: Though there were times that my restrictions were difficult to maintain...there were times when my plan was much easier to make and deal with than preparing a whole spread of food for our travel companions. We were 4 adults (2 of us on profile or a modification of profile) and 2 other adults who RARELY eat vegetables and 4 kids aged 17 months to 6.5 years.

Breakfast and snacks were easy to follow. Lunch was a bit of a challenge depending on where we were and what my choices were. I could have packed a cooler for myself...but with a diaper bag, stroller, 2 kid's water and snacks...I couldn't handle hauling and preparing one more thing for our ventures out. Hence the occasional dinner type meal twice a day. On one particular meal we stopped at a place that only served bar like food. NOT a vegetable in sight. The only veggie I could get out of the server was iceberg lettuce. So I had a pulled pork sandwich meat on a bed of iceberg lettuce with a few diced tomatoes. It was not all that filling but it got me through until I could get my fiber drink and bar for my afternoon snack.

We also did S'mores on the 4th of July...luckily we were hurried to get them toasted and made due to a thunderstorm rolling in. So I didn't mind making them for the kids and running off without one for myself. I didn't miss it at all. The next night I also was able to say no and not make one for myself until one of the kids decided she didn't want hers any more. So I ended up sharing the remainder of the partially eaten S'more with another parent. But not a whole one:)!

Finally, my biggest weakness is Dairy Queen. I was able to stay clear of ice cream (give or take a lick or two of my kid's cones) for the whole trip...but then Dairy Queen goes ahead and makes a Monster Cookie Blizzard as a new special...that did it for me. I told my husband that I am having one of those!! I waited until we got home from the trip and was able to weigh myself...since I was able to continue to lose, the next day I shared one with my 6yo. Again...not a whole one!!

Weight loss: - 60.95...
So I lost 4.4lbs on the trip. I hope that is a real loss and not a dehydrated water weight loss!!
I guess the next week or so will tell the truth!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Profile by Sanford Day 7...but really day 1 of REBOOT

Profile by Sanford - 2 years and 3 months

Profile by Sanford Day 8