Profile by Sanford Days 345-364

Well I bet you all thought I fell off the wagon!! Well maybe not off...maybe more being drug by a rope like in an old western movie...so still here.

The weight has not come off...but for good reason. I have been "sneaking" cookies/sweets as my starch.
I had a glass of wine and sparkling cider on my birthday,
I have not been getting four cups of veggies a day,
I have been awful about getting my water in.

As far as exercise...a cold snap kept me inside and not working out as much.
I exercised 4 times during the xmas week and 4 times in the past week.
I think this is what kept the weight steady though instead of huge gains.
I am at the same weight exactly that I was on Dec 9th.
So I feel like it has been a lost month...but I try to remind myself that the holidays are usually a time of large gains...so a steady maintenance really is a win.
I need to get rid of the sugary things in our house that I have been munching on.
I also need to get back to my water consumption and regular exercise.

New foods:
My hubby made a new Profile Friendly dinner the other night (I had the leftovers for lunch yesterday). He made pasta carbonara for the kids with orzo, ham, and peas. He made a profile version for us that was made of Cauliflower "rice", broccoli, brussel sprouts, ham, and chicken. I ate that shit up without hardly taking a breath!

I have quite a few challenges coming up and I need to focus and stay on track.

First, I put in my notice at my current job for a new opportunity...so I already have at least 2 going away lunches on the calendar for this week!
On my last day here, I leave for a 5 day girls' "weekend" in Sedona, AZ. I had planned to be at goal by then...so in Maintenance Mode...but alas those last 5-6 lbs are still on my ass and I will be entering this food and wine fest with full anticipation of not meeting this goal.
But I remind myself that if I stay active I can still maintain or even lose like I did on our vacation over the summer.
Then after I return from the trip I start a new job...Though very excited for such a great opportunity, it would be naive to think the stress won't affect my activity level or cravings for sugar. My goal through this transition it to not fall off the wagon as this was/is a life change, not a diet. I will have times of stress and it's how we handle these times or how we react with food/exercise/water. And just because (when) I reach my goal doesn't mean my eating/activity habits will change from what they are today....this...this right here is my new normal.

Hope your journey is going well.
More to come!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Profile by Sanford Day 7...but really day 1 of REBOOT

Profile by Sanford - 2 years and 3 months

Profile by Sanford Day 8