Profile by Sanford Days....-376

So I have been MIA for quite some time.
The Holidays...
Left one job...
Went on a vacation to Sedona, AZ...
Had/have a sick kiddo...
Started a new job...

So I have let life take over...and the scale shows it. Now I really shouldn't get too down on myself. I gained over 3 lbs...but I drank SO MUCH wine on my trip that I am very surprised I didn't gain 10lbs. So the last 4-5days, I have been hard core about getting in my 10,000 steps. And trying my damnedest to stay on plan nutritionally.
One thing that I have tried to tell other people...but no one really gets it..is that splurging doesn't show up on the scale the "next day." I got back from Sedona and the scale the next morning was almost exactly as when I left. But the next day it was up a lb. And then 3 days later it was up 2 more lbs...so the splurging I had done is Sedona had taken about 5 whole days to show up on the scale. When I did weight watchers a few years ago, they said this is how weight gain/loss works. And I have been exercising my ass off/and eating on plan the last 6 days and haven't seen any movement on the scale. But I think by the end of this week or beginning of next I will. That is why they say consistency. Because the scale and the behavior are not hand in hand. Also why people get frustrated and quit diets so much. They think if they are really good one day that they should see the results the next. Instant gratification this is NOT! And everyone's metabolism is different. Maybe it takes 5 days for me to see it...but maybe you have a faster metabolism and you see a change within 48 hours.

Another challenge today...taken to lunch with two people from my new job and we were "researching" a team builder venue. I thought the lunch was being paid for by the company and the other two decided to order off a menu that came with a play card for the games offered...my only "healthy" option was a steak with salad and au gratin potatoes. I only had about 5 bites of potatoes and will count it as my starch for the day. But the dressing on the salad and the butter and cheese on the potatoes should wipe out all of my fats for the day for SURE!

Exercise:
Walking every morning since last week Thursday...that is 6 days in a ROW!!

Weight:
Back up liked described: - 92.9 up 3.5lbs from the day I left for my trip...which was the lowest I ever was.

Back on track...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Profile by Sanford Day 7...but really day 1 of REBOOT

Profile by Sanford - 2 years and 3 months

Profile by Sanford Day 8