Profile by Sanford Days 262-263

Food:
Dinner on Wednesday: Steak and Brussel Sprouts with Balsamic Vinegar
Lunch on Thursday: Had a work event that served lunch...Had too many burger/sliders wrapped in lettuce and tomatoes and cheese.

Challenges: Lunch that was served on Thursday included fried chicken tenders, fried chicken fillet sandwiches, potato chips, filled donut holes, tortilla chips with queso dip, Guacamole, and salsa, and beers.
This was probably one of the hardest events I have been too...sooo little to choose from. THE ONLY vegetables were the lettuce and tomatoes meant for the sliders. I loaded my plate with lettuce and a few tomatoes and made essentially lettuce wraps. But they were small and two was not enough. When everyone else was snacking on nachos and donut holes...I went back for two more sliders. Probably more than my allotted ounces...

Exercise: I walked Wednesday and Thursday morning and did the under desk elliptical on Wednesday. After talking with my coach on Thursday, I decided to take a break from my morning walks for the weekend starting Friday. I just am too tired.

We also talked about my eating schedule...when I walk in the morning I am going close to 4 hours before having anything to eat/drink (with the exception of water). She suggested that I alter this to have some sort of boost of protein early in the morning. We talked about ways to pull from later in the day or spread out the meals. What seems to be my best option is to pull an ounce or two of lean or extra lean protein from my dinner and have it right after my walk. OR have a shake right after my walk and then save that 1 or 2 oz of lean protein for later in the day when I get hungry between meals. We talked about real hunger queues vs emotional hunger queues. I think on the days that I am home...weekends and days I work from home, I will make an egg. Then on the days I go to work I will keep a container of FF cottage cheese at work. She says having some protein first thing in the morning may boost my metabolism. I slept in this morning so I will have to wait to try this approach if I walk on Sat or Sun, else it won't be until Monday.

Weight: heading in the right direction a bit :) : - 76.82

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Profile by Sanford Day 7...but really day 1 of REBOOT

Profile by Sanford - 2 years and 3 months

Profile by Sanford Day 8