Profile By Sanford Day 225

Well I am excited to say that my schedule switch up from yesterday worked wonders...why on earth did it take this long for me to figure this out?!?!

8am - Profile Pomegranate Green Tea
9:30am - Shake with Tea
11:30am - Lunch of salad, veggies and Profile Cereal
3pm (plan was 1:30pm...but forgot to make shake before a series of meetings) - Shake
5:30pm - Dinner: Scallops and Brussel Sprouts
8:30pm - Bar and Shake

Now not exactly the schedule I was shooting for...and will try to do better today...though I have an appointment from 11-1pm. So that will mess with my lunch schedule. I am thinking of having lunch for breakfast and that way I can just bring shakes with me to my appointment.

Challenges: Raising daughters when I have low self esteem. I have been so conscious of my own issues and trying so hard to make sure these issues don't get passed down to my daughters. My husband and I never speak of Profile as a weight loss plan. We talk about it as "Eating Healthy." We never talk about our weight or the fact that we are losing it...we speak in terms of "Trying to become healthier." I have NEVER used the word "Fat"...as I do not like the word. I was called fat my entire life and it is like a curse word to me that I would never use...on par with the "C" word. So I am telling you this to set up a story of a conversation that took place between my 6yo(going on 16) and I last night on our way to her soccer practice.
We are talking...chatting away about her day at school...18mo was home with Daddy so we were able to focus the conversation on just her for once. And out of LITERALLY no where she says "Mommy, when I grow up, I think I am going to be just like you." (cue the internal ..."awwws"). I grin thinking she is trying to say she WANTS to be like me. I reply and say...."Well, I think you will be a little like me and a little like Daddy." "But why do you think you will be like me?"....and the 6yo says...and I SHIT YOU NOT...."Because, I have fat legs, too"
I almost drove off the road as I whipped my head around to look at her to see if I heard her right...and I did hear her right because she was squeezing and shaking her thigh.
I sat there in silence for a moment trying to find the right words to instill within my impressionable 6yo.
I said...."First of all, you do NOT have fat thighs. That is muscle underneath your skin that you are shaking around. Secondly, Mommy is trying very hard to make her legs smaller."
This is the second time my 6yo as referred to me as fat or the other time was "wide"...and that was just a couple of weeks ago as I was hitting the 60lb mark. I have to laugh because the more weight I lose the more comments I am getting from her about being fat...ironic isn't it?
I don't hold this against her...it is my own body image issues and the fact that she is SIX and the fact that I have not properly talked to her about body issues. I assumed that conversation would happen when she was 8 or 9...not SIX! But I am thinking that if she is starting to talk about herself in this manner it is time to do something about it. So I was up far top late last night searching for articles and books on teaching self-esteem and body issues to daughters. There are tons of articles out there...so I need to get reading.
Ughhh this parenting thing is exhausting!

Exercise: Didn't do anything on this day. But now that I am no longer sick...I am making more use of my standing desk at work.

Weight:...elusive 70....- 69.54

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Profile by Sanford Day 7...but really day 1 of REBOOT

Profile by Sanford - 2 years and 3 months

Profile by Sanford Day 8