Profile by Sanford Day 50

50 days...not sure if I feel like it has gone by quickly or slowly. I do get frustrated that the weight isn't coming off fast enough...but I have to remind myself that this is fast. I am just being impatient. If I were doing Weight Watchers again I would be down maybe 10-12lbs and not 20-22 at this point...so perspective. Also my exercise is not at the level it should be...but more on that later.

Meal 1: Hot Profile Chocolate Shake with Tea
Meal 2: Profile Tomato Soup with balsamic and 1 LFLC cheese
Meal 3: Celery with PB powder PB
Snack: Carrots and Cucumbers with 1/2 of a LFLC cheese
Meal 4: 12g bar leftover from my 1st week of Profile on the Mom plan and Frozen/Blended Profile Chocolate
Meal 5: Chicken Sausage with a veggie "lasagna" (spinach, zucchini, butternut squash, tomato sauce, FF cottage cheese, a sprinkle of shredded cheese)
Meal 6: Frozen/Blended Profile Chocolate Shake with PB powder.


Challenges:
Fitting in Exercise...there seems to be a theme here. So today I decided to force myself to exercise. I have plans in place for the weekend already. So hopefully that gets me over this hump of excuses. Plus the weather looks pretty awesome (mid 60s)for the next several days.

With my coach today we talked for a while about my concerns about staying on plan for our "big summer trip" She had quite a few suggestions and I am sure I will start planning that out the closer we get to summer.

Exercise:
Today I WALKED to my Profile appointment. The storefront is just over a mile from my house. I left a couple minutes later than I would normally need for a mile walk and ended up walking pretty fast and even jogged for a block or two on the way there. I was slightly winded when I arrived...but I think that was more due to the cold wind then the actual walking. It was much warmer on the way home and I was not in any hurry to get home...so it was a more leisurely walk.But I still tried to go at a pretty quick pace while carrying all my product purchases back home.

Tomorrow I have no meetings on my calendar for work so I blocked off 90mins to walk. If I can get 4 miles in that should get me to my 10,000 steps pretty easily.

My plans for this weekend include walking to the local middle school (1.3miles away) to pick up the 5yo from Basketball Camp. And setting my alarm for Sunday morning so I can get a workout in before the kids are awake. I will be more likely to get a workout in if I don't feel guilty about spending my quality family time without them.

Walking is causing my mid to upper back to hurt more than normal...counselor was quick to point out that I need to "engage my core" with shoulders back when walking. I think I need to set an alarm on my phone to beep to remind me to straighten up!

Profile Products:
So I used to be very "health" conscious when it came to certain ingredients in my foods...like High Fructose Corn Syrup, Aspartame, Dyes, and ingredients I couldn't pronounce. I had to shut that part of my brain down when we started this plan, because I quickly noticed that the Profile Products are not FREE of most of these things. I decided to bring this up at my appointment as it was really starting to bother me. The counselor agreed and said I was not the first to point this out. She tried to assure me that the company is aware and taking steps to rectify. They have or are close to having all of their products at least Aspartame free. I encourage anyone reading this who is on the plan to push your counselors or write the company to tell them you too do not agree with artificial ingredients and would like to see a change faster than it is occurring now. I submitted a comment under the website's FAQ/Contact Us page...we will see if I ever hear anything back.

Have a great weekend!
More to come...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Profile by Sanford Day 7...but really day 1 of REBOOT

Profile by Sanford - 2 years and 3 months

Profile by Sanford Day 8