Profile by Sanford Day 57.

Meal 1: Profile Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
Meal 2: Profile Chocolate Shake with tea
Meal 3 :Cucumbers, Celery, PBPowder PB, Spinach, Snap Peas, mixed dressing, Profile Nacho Cheese Pasta, 1 LFLC cheese
Meal 4: Bar(berry one)
Meal 5: Planet Sub Lettuce Wrap  - no mayo, no mustard and a butternut squash, spinach, and zucchini lasagna(no cheese) added FF mayo when I got home. 
Meal 6: Profile Frozen Chocolate Shake 

Challenges:
Planet Sub...my previous mecca. We ate there easily once a week or once every other week. The bread...ughh that bread...it smells so good! And I had to smell it twice since my 5yo didn't finish her entire sandwich before Gymnastics and wanted the rest of it heated up when we got home. I ordered my wrap sans dressings but left the cheese. I realized later that I also left on the bacon...but the meat weighed(yes I pulled the wrap apart to weigh the damn thing) right around 4 oz. So I felt the bacon was justified. Why? I don't know...its just what I told myself at the time. Even though I should have chosen between the bacon and the cheese and not left on both. 

Food Reviews:
I was given a sample of the berry bar and the apple oatmeal at my last coach meeting. I will say that the apple oatmeal did help with my fruit and apple cravings. But it is lacking some sweetness. If I were to buy it again I would definitely add a packet of stevia to the final product. 
The berry bar was okay...but I don't think I want to swap out the chocolate bars I normally have for this one. It was on the dry side and didn't really do anything for me. 

Speaking of stevia...I think I mentioned before how I am not thrilled with the ingredients listed on some of Profiles products. I talked to my coach about it and she did say they were in the middle of phasing out the aspartame. But I still emailed the CONTACT US portion of the Profile Website. I surprisingly got two responses back and I have to say I was pretty disappointed in the responses...both staying a bunch of jibber-jabber about 'all their products are safe and tested by the FDA and follow strict FDA guidelines for low calorie, weight reducing foods.' That was never my point...yes of course they passed the FDA or else they wouldn't be for sale! My point was that this is 2016 and their are other low-caloric alternatives to the synthetic crap used in these products. 
That being said...

Weight:  
This morning I am down 23.91 lbs. (2.6lbs in 5 days...I'll take it!!)
So I am getting very close to the weight I was at when I had to quit Weight Watchers 2 years ago (quit because I became pregnant). I started both programs at roughly the same weight....give or take 1 or 2 lbs.
I lost about 30lbs on WW and it took me 8 months. I have lost almost 25lbs in 8 WEEKS on Profile!! HUGE difference...And I was a skeptic before when I watched my mom do this...how is shake after shake after shake something that is obtainable long term?  Now that I know the methodology of this plan and the phased approach to reintroduce those "restricted" foods into your menus while still focusing on what should be NORMAL eating, I get it. Lose fast and furious...reestablish a good metabolism...stay the course...eat like thin people eat...for the rest of your life. And thin people splurge once in a while...but they don't make a HABIT of it. And they exercise regularly so that occasional ice cream treat doesn't send them off the deep end. 

Notice how my attitude changes on mornings where the weigh-in is good...hmmm.

Anyway, more to come... 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Profile by Sanford Day 7...but really day 1 of REBOOT

Profile by Sanford - 2 years and 3 months

Profile by Sanford Day 8